Thursday, February 7, 2013

Art Teacher Lesson Plan Tip

During a new lesson, I start typing up the steps we go through each day. I make this my lesson plan in Word format on the computer (you can hand write too). I make notes on the day ***Reminder: Tell students they need to "blah blah blah," with things I notice that need to be tweaked.

For example:
Day 1: Show power point presentation of _________. Hand out and have students begin practice worksheets of __________. *** Remind students to use a ruler

I continue this each day until the new lesson is complete. I save the electronic file and print out two copies. One copy I rubber cement onto the back of my example artwork I created. Then I send it to be laminated. This way it can never be separated from my example. I put the other copy in the file with the lesson and all of the parts, handouts, worksheets, examples etc. So I have one copy of the day to day lesson on an example and one in the file. I've attached a copy of the Zentangle lesson write up.

I find this is a great tool for continuing a lesson if I'm sick and need a sub. :)

If you do anything similar to this, please share what you do! I'm always interested in ways I can tweak what I'm doing! 


Laminated Example Front

Laminated Example Artwork Back with Lesson Attached

Close up of Word Document Write Up

No comments:

Post a Comment